If you are interesting in taking up a farm worker jobs in Australia, there are several cities that you can choose from. Capital Darwin is a popular city to get Farm worker job, while Byron Bay dity is also great location to pick Far worker job. You can also search to get to work in agricultural production in Humpty Doo city, where mango picking jobs pay by the piece.
Farm work Job in Australia is often also very physically demanding and you need to make sure the employer who you work for is paying good salary and that you can also find suitable accommodation according to your need.
The trick is simple that how do you get a good job easily? Mostly jobs are located in rural areas, the work is very competition and seasonal for has increased for a limited number of jobs as many backpackers have taken many advantage of the option to extend their working holiday visa.
Fortunately, there are some proven ways to get the good jobs in Australia.
Top 3 ways to get a farm worker jobs in Australia:
- Working hostels and hostel noticeboards often provide a good knowledge and you don’t have to be staying in Australia to get the information – simply drop by.
- Following the harvest trail can be a good way go and many other people just follow that however that often means that many people end up competing for the same jobs.
- Websites that are Aussie specific and unknown to many backpackers
Regardless of the gest method you use to find a good job in Australia be sure you know what the job is really about before you start work:
- Is accomodation and/or food included?
- What do they pay? (Does it meet mnimum wage)
- How long does the work last for?
- How long is a typical day?
On some city food and accommodation is your responsibility, but some other locations offer this and the quality can vary significantly. Also, knowing how long the work goes for and what a typical day would be like is really important.
Click links here for information below:
- How much can I earn as a regional worker in Australia?
- Essential tips for fruit-pickers and harvest workers and other Backpacker Australia Work
- What is fruit-picking and harvest work like?
- What parts of regional Australia need seasonal workers and when is there harvest work available?
- Useful Links
- What types of fruit-picking, seasonal jobs, farm work in Australia are there?
What types of seasonal jobs, fruit-picking and farm work in Australia is there?
Most chances are, if it’s grown in city of Australia, you can easily find a job harvesting it!
Mostly fruit-picking and Harvest work availability depends on which area in regional city of Australia you want to see, and what time of year it is. See harvesting job locations.
There’s not a wide variety of fruits (apples, grapes, apricots, mangoes, plums, peaches, and more) but tobacco and cotton must also be harvested, as well as fresh seafood such as prawns, rock lobsters and crayfish.
You’ll most likely be working on a farm or in an orchard, and generally training is provided on the job.
Now a day the easiest way to find agricultural production jobs in Australia is to visit the Department of Home Affairs’ Harvest Trail website. This site allows you to search for jobs by location and crop. The site also includes an interactive map and job board sites for ranches and local farms. Among other jobs, you can apply for general farm labor positions working on pearl luggers.